Lamberg Castle first appeared in historical documents as "Stirapurhc" in 980. The remains of the former fortress can only be seen in fragments of the mighty bailey. In the 11th century the Castle was the residence of the Otokar Dynasty. In 1727 the whole structure was destroyed by a great fire. As a result the Castle was completely rebuilt in lavish Baroque style by the Counts of Lamberg. The Lamberg Castle Library and the precious sandstone figures can be admired in the castle´s inner courtyard.
Guided tours are arranged for groups (maximum of 15 people): in english EUR 25.00
Guided Tour of Town with visit of the Castle library in english: EUR 95.00 per group