Kurhauskirche is located on a small hill at Eichbüchl. A Capuchin monastery was erected between 1635 and 1638. Around 1800, the monastery was closed down, in 1814 the building was remodeled into a administrative building and purchased in 1928 by the Friars of Mercy who erected the cure center.
The former Capuchin church was converted into the Kurhauskirche church. The 1738 wall painting by Michelangelo Unterberger shows the town of Schärding with its burnt down castle, the bridge gate, part of the bridge and Eichbüchl with Sebastiankirche church, Capuchin Monastery and the town wall. The large as live saints statues were originally displayed at the Viennese Rochuskirche church.
Tel.: +43 (0)7712 3221