As legend has it, there should have been a tiny Church on this location ever since the 7th century.
This might not be true, however, the "Holy Cross" of Pötting first appeared in historical records around the year 1000. In 1161 the Church was consecrated by Conrad, Bishop of Passau.
The Parish of Pötting was founded in the year 1763.
The new high altar, created by Linz-based sculptor Oberhuber, was installed on April 01, 1908. The crucifix is the principal ornament of the altar as the Church is dedicated to the Holy Cross. The Cross is placed on the altar to recall to the mind of the celebrant, and the people, that the Victim offered on the altar is the same as was offered on the Cross.
Suitable for: Families, Groups, Seniors
4720 Pötting, Austria