In the year 1850 the Parish established a new cemetery. The design of the new Chapel in neo-Gothic style was entrusted to Florian Wimmer, the parish priest of Pfarrkirchen. The Christ statue originates from Munich while the surroundings are an elaborate carving of Ludwig Schwanthaler. The priest´s crypt was erected in 1928. The tower and the Peter-Mandorfer memorial bell were added to the Chapel in 1954.
The Chapel is a plastered brick building of quadrangular shape with clay roofing tiles and the bell installed atop its roof. The rear wall of the Chapel is adorned with ancient ledgers. The Funeral Chapel was erected on the site of an old wooden cross.
4595 Waldneukirchen, Austria