The Church of St. Sebastian was erected as a Subsidiary Church after the Great Plague in 1635.
The Church features three altars, a chancel and a ring of two bells. It has one nave, five bays and an elaborate groin vault with a semicircle apse.
The year 1729 saw comprehensive extension and augmentation to the church.
The most noticeable and striking features of St. Sebastian´s Church are the high altar which is flanked by magnificent statues dating back to the years between 1635 and 1640, the tabernacle, the 18th century chancel and a Gothic crucifix of the 15th century.
Since 1973 St. Sebastian´s has been the location of the local graveyard. Each year, pilgrims of the neighboring villages come to celebrate a church service on the first Saturday following January 20 which is the feast of Saint Sebastian.
St. Sebastian´s is as a popular wedding church as well.
4792 Münzkirchen, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7716) 7234