The church at Oberrohr is a subsidiary to the Parish of Rohr. It was erected by Abbot Ulrich Schoppenzaun on occasion of the VII Secular Ceremony of Kremsmünster Abbey in the year 1476. The Church is rated among Upper Austria´s most beautiful and best kept examples of superb Gothic architecture.
The three splendid altars and the pulpit are elaborate works of master carpenter Sebastian Grundler of Kremsmünster. The Church´s most precious possession is the Romanesque statue of Saint Peter - however, the figure on display is a copy only. The original statue is deposited in the Kremsmünster Abbey for safety reasons.
Pfarramt Rohr am Kremstal
4532 Rohr im Kremstal, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7258) 3212