It was back in 1478 when Duke Sigmund of Fernstein commissioned Master Heinrich from Imst to build a Chapel and had a chaplain say Mass. Master Heinrich also built the castle chapel at Schloss Sigmundsburg in 1460 - 1471.
Duke Sigmund provided all the liturgical vestments and altar cloths, the missal, the censer, the tower clock and the bells. In 1490 he added a chalice made of silver. The chapel was consecrated to the fourteen Holy Helpers, however, the date is unknown. The altar dates from 1661 and was painted by Georg Pixner from Landeck.
Michael Lung had the chapel renovated in 1861 (presumably). The official permission to say Mass dates from the same year.
6460 Imst, Austria
Tel.: +43 (5412) 69100
Fax: +43 (5412) 69108