The Victoria Dam is a water supply dam providing water for the city of Perth, Western Australia. It is situated on the Darling Scarp near Lesmurdie, and crosses Munday Brook. Two dams have stood at the present site; the older dam was the first permanent water supply for the colony and also the first dam in Western Australia. It stood for almost 100 years before being replaced with the current dam.
Prior to the constriction of the dam, residents of Perth sourced their drinking water from wells, natural bodies of water and rainwater tanks. With the growth in the population of Perth and Fremantle, concerns about water quality, pollution and adequate sewage disposal became widespread. Decades of proposals for sewage disposal and water supply systems followed, coupled with disagreement between the Town Councils and the Colony Government about responsibility for this area. An extensive water supply scheme was eventually compiled by the civil engineers Henry John Saunders and James Barratt in June 1887.