Vacy is a rural locality of the Dungog Shire Local Government Area in the Hunter Region of New South Wales, Australia. Situated between Gresford and Paterson, the village of Vacy was founded in the 1820s as a private town by John Cory, the owner of a large land grant. Vacy began to prosper in the 1850s and was a busy town by the 1870s. It remained a private town until it was sold in 1927 by the Cory family. The village is located at the junction of the Paterson and Allyn rivers. Vacy includes a public school, general store, oval, school of arts hall, the Farmers Hotel, a motel, "Eaglereach" resort, a hairdressing salon, post office, cafe, and a church.