Tranby (Peninsula Farm) is an historic farmers cottage located on Johnson Road, in Maylands, Western Australia overlooking the Swan River, and is one of the oldest surviving buildings from the early settlement of the Swan River Colony. It is described as an English cottage-style farmhouse with loft bedrooms and wide verandahs and is associated with a group of devout Wesleyan Methodists, led by Joseph Hardey and other members of his family who arrived in Western Australia on the ship Tranby in February 1830.
The Tranby was a 26 metre long, 8 metre wide ship which left from the city of Hull in Yorkshire, England in September 1829 and was captained by a John Story. 370 passengers were on board as well as various livestock, farm equipment and building materials. Joseph Hardey was a Wesleyan preacher from Lincolnshire. He arrived with his wife Ann, his brother John and a large group which included a surgeon, preacher, bricklayer, blacksmith, shoemaker, surveyor, hatter, midshipman and several farmers. They were given an initial grant of 41.5 hectares (102½ acres), 6 kilometres (4 mi) upstream along the Swan River from the newly established town of Perth on a peninsula on the left hand side of the river. Subsequent grants of additional 73 hectares (180 acres) followed up to 1844. The property was known as Peninsula Farm and now forms much of the current suburb of Maylands.