St. Mary of the Angels Basilica, formerly St. Mary's Church, is a basilica located in Yarra Street, Geelong, Victoria, Australia. It is the tallest building in Geelong at a total height of 210 feet from the pavement and a major landmark to the city.
Since the completion of the current he Gothic revival bluestone building in 1937 St Mary of the Angels has the tallest bluestone spire in Australia, at 150 feet and is the 4th tallest church (non-cathedral) in Australia. In 2004 it became Australia's fifth basilica upon gaining Vatican approval.
The first St Mary church was a small wooden chapel built in Yarra Street on 27 November 1842. The congregation quickly outgrew the chapel and a stone replacement was constructed in 1846.