The Soul Pattinson Building is a Victorian Italianate shopping centre and office building in Sydney
, New South Wales
. The Soul Pattinson Building is located in the heart of the Sydney central business district, at 158-160 Pitt Street
, between Pitt Street Mall
and Castlereagh Street, and opposite The Strand Arcade
Washington H. Soul Pattinson & Co first occupied premises at 177 Pitt Street. In 1873 the business moved to larger premises at 158-160 Pitt Street where it remained until the building burnt down in 1886. By 1887 the building was replaced with a new store named Phoenix Chambers (attributed to a design by the Mansfield Brothers). This remains the company's head office and flagship Soul Pattinson store.