The Pitt Street Uniting Church is located in Pitt Street, Sydney, New South Wales. Founded in 1833, the congregation became the mother church of Congregationalism in NSW.
The life of the congregation began when a church was founded on a nearby site in 1833. The foundation stone for the current building was laid in 1842 and took 4 years to complete. In 1846, the congregation moved to the new building, which was expanded in size and design in 1867.
The church was involved in debates on a number of social issues, especially education. It supported initiatives such as the establishment of the Sussex Street Mission, the Boys' Brigade and the YMCA.