Onkaparinga River National Park is in South Australia (Australia), 32 km south of Adelaide and incorporates the Onkaparinga River Recreation Park.The vegetation of the park has been greatly perturbed by human activity, but remnant patches remain. The most intact area is the Hardy's Scrub section of the reserve. 160 years of livestock grazing, timber harvesting and cropping has cleared most of the reserve of native understorey species and in many areas invasive grasses are the main vegetation type. Remnant Eucalypts are the most noticeable native species in the reserve.
The remains of Pingle Farm, built in 1862, can be seen in the section of the park west of Main South Road. In 1878, several additional structures were built, including an underground water tank, a stone barn and a shed. The farm was occupied by the Jared family until the early 1970s when it was sold to the South Australian Government.