For the station in the Lake District, United Kingdom, see Lakeside railway station, England.Lakeside Station is situated on the Puffing Billy Railway in Melbourne, Australia. It was opened in 1944 to serve Emerald Lake Park, the popular picnic and recreation reserve opened during World War II. It originally consisted of a short platform on the Up side of the line adjacent to the then (now former) park entrance road. It had a nameboard with red flag, but no shelter.
Lakeside today is a Staff Station with passing loop and island platform with waiting shelters. A Booking Office and Refreshment Room is across the track on what was an earlier single-faced platform. There is also a dead end storage siding beyond the Down end of the platform.Of interest is a working Wig-wag level crossing warning signal which operates at the former park access road between the platform and storage siding. It is believed to be the only regularly operating Wig-wag signal remaining in Victoria.