The Ipswich Courthouse in Ipswich, Queensland opened in 2009/2010. The five-storey complex is the third courthouse for the city and replaced the second courthouse located in East Street, Ipswich that had been constructed in 1982.
The building was designed by Ainsley Bell Murchison (ABM) Architects and Cox Rayner Architects.The original Ipswich Courthouse is located at 59 East Street, Ipswich. It was built in 1859 and was the main courthouse for the Ipswich region until 1982. It is constructed from brick and sandstone with a shingle roof.