Huntingtower School was founded in 1927 as a co-educational. day and boarding School for children from Christian Science families. Its first home was in Huntingtower Road, Armadale. In 1953 a new site was purchased in Mount Waverley and the school moved to its new home in 1954. In 1974 the school decided to open its doors to all faiths and is now a school with a Christian Science foundation but has a multidenominational student body. Houses: Bruce (Red), Mather (Blue), Warrell (Yellow) and Rayner (Green). Former houses were Thomson (Blue and Yellow) and Ruthven (Red and White). Thompson and Ruthven have been retained in the junior school.