The Old Darwin Town Hall Ruins were originally built in 1883 during the Pine Creek gold rush. This building earlier survived the bombing of Darwin by the Japanese during WWII, only to be eventually destroyed by Cyclone Tracy 50 years later. Hertitage listed, the Darwin Townhall Ruins are all that remain today of the initial structure constructed in local porcellanite during 1882-83.
Town Hall Ruins are located within the Festival Park precinct. Facilities at this site include the Festival Park Box Office, bar and food stalls which are open every day from 5pm ‘til late night. Food & drinks served here include alcoholic beverages which are available for sale at Festival Park. This is a licensed site where BYO alcohol is not permitted, however, proof of ID may be requested at times. Transport & parking facility is located by the Bus Interchange that can be conveniently accessed by all bus routes servicing Darwin city.