Cape Borda is a headland with a lighthouse on the west coast of Kangaroo Island, South Australia and is situated 70 kilometres west from the town of Kingscote. It is named after the French mathematician, physicist, naturalist, sailor Jean-Charles de Borda (1733-1799).
Cape Borda Lightstation was built in 1858 and is the third oldest remaining and only square stone lighthouse in South Australia. The Lighthouse was built to guide ships travelling along the Roaring Forties trade route heading into the Investigator Strait towards Port Adelaide. Originally there was no road linking Cape Borda to the rest of Kangaroo Island and all supplies had to be hauled up from ships via a steep steel railway at Harvey's Return then taken to the Lighthouse every three months.