Asquith railway station is located on the Main North railway line in the northern Sydney
suburb of Asquith. It is currently served by trains of CityRail's North Shore line. The station is served by two trains per hour in each direction for most of the day, with additional trains during weekday peak hours. A few Central Coast trains stop for the convenience of schoolchildren. Asquith has two side platforms which can accommodate 8-car intercity trains.
Asquith railway station opened on 1 November 1915, in conjunction with a land development by R. Halloran & Company. It was named after the then Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
, Herbert Henry Asquith, Earl of Oxford and Asquith. Asquith was the last railway station to open between Hornsby railway station and the Hawkesbury River.