Thai Vy Temple is located to the west of Van Lam Hamlet, Ninh Hai Commune, Hoa Lu District, Ninh Binh Province. The temple worships four generations of Kings Tran, Tran Thai Tong, Tran Thanh Tong, Tran Nhan Tong, and Tran Anh Tong.
According to the history, Thai Vy Temple was built during Tran Dynasty (the 13th & 14th century) follow the internal attack with outside support (noi cong, ngoai quoc) architecture. In front of the temple is Ngoc Well by green stone with clear and full water all the year round. Behind the temple is Cam Son Mountains with rank trees.
Entering into the temple, at triumphal arch (nghi mon) there are two green stone monolithic horses. Passing the nghi mon, 2-storey iron wood bell-tower with eight-roof of mui hai tile is on the right. Corners of the bell-tower roof are very bend like the tail of phoenix. The bell inside was cast in 1689.
Every year, Thai Vy Temple Festival takes place on the 14th day of the 3rdlunar month. This is occasion for people commemorating the merit of Kings Tran. There are activities such as palanquin procession, sacrifice ceremony, human chess playing, wrestling contest, dragon dancing and boat rowing...