Kim Lien Pagoda is located in Quang An Village, Tay Ho District, Hanoi. Kim Lien Pagoda was originally built on Nghi Tam Peninsula, on the bank of West Lake. The pagoda was part of the former Tu Hoa Palace of the Ly Dynasty.
Princess Tu Hoa is daughter of King Ly Than Tong. He ordered to built Tu Hoa Palace then sent his daughter and her imperial maids to this area to help them understand and venerate their position in the society. Formerly, it was Dong Long Pagoda and built in the 13th century. In 1771, the pagoda was renovated and changed its name to Kim Lien, which has been used since then.
Kim Lien is composed of three pavilions, each of which has 2 roof layers and the appearance of being slightly curved and supple. Apart from its nice disposition, the pagoda has a gate of sophisticated and intricate architecture.