Come and have a lifetime experience with Mountain Gorillas, only found in Uganda (more than half), Rwanda and Congo. You will find them in the Bwindi Impenetrable tropical rainforest which is hilly and tough. It’s a fairly hard walk but one you’ll never forget – the sight of these apes as they feed, play and relax is not only a humbling and emotional experience but a privileged opportunity to get up close and personal with Uganda’s very own “Gorillas in the Mist”.
Besides the gorillas, you will encounter hundreds of bird species, small mammals, primates and lots of plant life. Bwindi Impenetrable Forest boasts both mountain gorillas and chimpanzees (not habituated) - the only forest in Africa that can make this claim. It also hosts five other species of primates, 113 species of mammals, over 200 species of butterflies and 360 species of birds. The gorillas you track belong to one of nine habituated family groups who can tolerate the presence of humans for a brief period every day.
• Transport in a 4WD minivan with pop-up roof for excellent safari view;
• All fuel for the tour;
• English speaking Ugandan driver/guide;
• Accommodation in self-contained community tented camp;
• All breakfasts, lunches and dinners included;
• Packed lunch for the gorilla tracking;
• Community activity
• All activities described in the itinerary;
• 1 gorilla permit per person (a US$600 value).
Destination CoveredBwindi Impenetrable National Park
Budget, Families, Groups, Kids