The South Entrance Sign is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places. This sign comprises of a locally-quarried red sandstone pillar flanking the south entrance road, with a horizontal log projecting from one pylon supporting a sign.
The sign was designed by the National Park Service Branch of Plans and Designs in 1936 and was built by Civilian Conservation Corps labor from Camp NP-2. It was altered in 1940 to the design of Park Service architects H.W. Young and A.C. Kuehl. The sign reflects a consistent design theme that was developed for many park structures in Zion.
The sign was individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places with reference number 86003713 on February 14, 1987.