The Simms Building in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico was the city's first modern, International Style skyscraper. It was built in 1954, making it a contemporary of the similar Lever House in New York City. The building is located at 400 Gold Avenue SW, which was originally the location of the old sandstone Commercial Club building. The Simms Building is 55 m (180 ft) with 13 floors, which made it the tallest building in the state until the Bank of the West Tower was built 9 years later. The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.
Like the neighboring Gold Building, the Simms Building has windowless brick walls on the east and west sides and glass curtain walls on the other two faces, designed by the firm Flatow, Moore, Bryan, and Fairburn, that also credited for the Dennis Chavez Federal Building one block to the west.