The New Haven Lawn Club is a private country club located on Whitney Avenue in New Haven, Connecticut close to Yale University. It is both a social and athletic facility. The club is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places in 2003. One building and one structure of the club are deemed contributing to the historic character while another building and three structures are non-contributing. The architecture of the clubhouse is primarily Colonial Revival with Art Moderne decorative elements.
The clubhouse, built in 1931 to replace the former clubhouse that had burned in 1929, is credited to architect Douglas W. Orr, but much of the detail design is by William Douglas. The club offers tennis, squash, and outdoor swimming, and is considered one of the most prestigious clubs in the area. The Club was founded in 1891 by a group of New Haven residents including Russell Sargent, Eli Whitney and William Beebe. The original clubhouse was destroyed by fire in 1929. Renowned architect Douglas Orr designed the current facility. As of 2005, over 520 families were counted among its membership.