Touristlink.com is the social platform for travel where you can meet fellow travelers,share information, suggest new attractions and create lists of your favorite destinations to share with friends.
1020 Pattison Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19148, United States
Lincoln Financial Field is the home stadium of the National Football League's Philadelphia Eagles. It has a seating capacity of 68,532 (69,144 with Standing Room Only tickets). It is located in South Philadelphia on Pattison Avenue between 11th and 10th streets, also aside I-95 as part of the South Philadelphia Sports Complex. Many locals refer to the stadium simply as 'The Linc'. The stadium opened on August 3, 2003, after two years of construction that began on May 7, 2001 and replaced Veterans Stadium as the Eagles' home stadium. While its total capacity barely changed, the new stadium contains double the number of luxury and wheelchair-accessible seats, along with more modern services. The field's construction included several light emitting diode (LED) video displays from Daktronics in Brookings, South Dakota, as well as more than 624 feet (190 m) of ribbon board technology.
- Bruce Springsteen performed three sold-out concerts in 2003.
- The NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championship in 2005 and 2006 were held at the stadium.
- The Philadelphia Phillies celebrated their 2008 World Series championship with a parade down Broad Street, appearance before a sold-out crowd at the Linc, and then a ceremony at Citizens Bank Park. The Citizens Bank Park ceremony was simulcast to the crowd at the Linc. Tickets to the event at Lincoln Financial Field were made available at no-cost to the public and were gone within 45-minutes when they were made available at 3pm on October 30, 2008.
- The Feld Entertainment-promoted Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam performed at the stadium on Saturday June 9, 2012 as part of the Path of Destruction tour, for the third time. Previous events took place during the winter at the Spectrum and two times on June 4, 2011 and June 12, 2010. All three events can be on SPEED or Hulu.com
- U2 performed during their 360° Tour on July 14, 2011, with Interpol as their opening act. The show was originally scheduled to take place on July 12, 2010, but was postponed, due to Bono's emergency back surgery.
- Taylor Swift, originally from Wyomissing, Pennsylvania performed during her Speak Now World Tour on August 6, 2011.
- Kenny Chesney's Summer Tour's now Yearly performs at "The Linc".
- The stadium is prominently featured in the opening of the TV show Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
- The Wells Fargo Center (Spectrum II ), formerly the CoreStates Center, First Union Center…
- Citizens Bank Park is a 43,651-seat baseball park in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, part of the South…
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt (FDR) Park (originally named League Island Park and locally known as…
Travel Deals Around Lincoln Financial Fieldview trip details >