This light-colored, spectacular Double Arch is formed in Dakota Sandstone. The top of the arch is 152 feet off the ground and it is 92 feet wide. This arch is just a mile's drive off of Cottonwood Wash Road on Four Mile Bench Road. The arch was formerly considered part of Kodachrome Basin State Park but now lies within the monument's boundaries.
Originally called Butler Arch, it was renamed in 1949 by the National Geographic Society after a former president of the society. A no-fee primitive campground with tables and fire pits is found near the base of the arch. Sites are limited at this campground, but there is enough room for one large group.