The Grand Canyon Inn and Campground, also known as the North Rim Inn, were built by the William W. Wylie and the Utah Parks Company as inexpensive tourist accommodations on the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, in Grand Canyon National Park. Intended to complement the more expensive Grand Canyon Lodge, the cabins and Inn were located near Bright Angel Point, but father back than their more expensive counterparts, near the Grand Canyon North Rim Headquarters. The design of the cabins and the redesign of the Inn building were undertaken by architect Gilbert Stanley Underwood.
The Grand Canyon Inn building is a single-story structure measuring about73.5 feet (22.4 m) by 41.85 feet (12.76 m) with irregular extensions to the rear and a smaller projection to the front. The rustic building is a "studs-out" structure with the sheathing on the inside of the exposed structural framing. The corners are marked by peeled log posts, similar to those supporting the large porch across the building's front, which has been enclosed. The building features clerestory windows between the porch roof and the main roof.
Four studs-out duplex cabins are located to the rear of the Inn. These gabled cabins were built in 1934, with an interior renovation in 1961. The duplexes are T-shaped with individual toilets adjoining in an extension. Ten more duplex cabins, built with shared toilets, are log cabins with stone front porches. They are identical to the Grand Canyon Lodge's "regular," "economy," or "standard" cabins. Another 27 cabins are exposed-frame single-family cabins. Other structures include the laundry and the firehouse, as well as a washhouse or former dormitory and a linen house.
The North Rim Campground lies just to the south of the Inn. The campground's log restrooms and stone firewood enclosures are included in the historic district for their historical integrity and architectural character.
The former Inn, cabins and campground were placed on the National Register of Historic Places on September 2, 1982.