Eliot is home to Littlebrook Airpark and the Raitt Homestead Farm Museum. Eliot is a town in York County, Maine, United States. It is part of the PortlandSouth PortlandBiddeford, Maine metropolitan statistical area. Originally part of the Piscataqua Plantation (renamed Kittery in 1647) called Sturgeon Creek in the 1630-40s, it became the North, or Second, Parish of Kittery in 1713 following the incorporation of Berwick. On March 1, 1810, Eliot became a town. The town was either named after Robert Eliot, who was a member of the Provincial Council of New Hampshire, or for Reverend John Eliot of Boston, a friend of General Andrew P. Fernald, the town agent largely responsible for its separation. According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 21.3 square miles (55 sq.km), of which, 19.7 square miles (51 sq.km) of it is land and 1.5 square miles (3.9 sq.km) of it (7.29%) is water. Eliot is drained by Sturgeon Creek and the Piscataqua River.