Wichayen House is located on Wichayen Road, 300 metres from Prang Khaek to the north of Phra Narai Ratchaniwet. It served as the residence for the envoys paying a courtesy call on King Narai the Great in Lop Buri. The first group of French ambassadors who arrived in 1685 stayed at this place.
Then, a Greek man, called Constantine Phaulkon who came and served as a government official, did many good meritorious deeds and was granted the position of royal minister “Chaophraya Wichayen”. He was also granted a house on the west side of this residence.
The compound within Ban Wichayen comprises 3 sections: a grand two-storey building, made of bricks and a narrow and long one-storey building with the arched entrance in the west. At the centre are situated significant buildings, such as bases of constructions assumed to have been a bell tower and a Christian church at the back with a gable entrance.