Sited in mid-town, Wat Phra That Hariphunchai was built during the reign of King Arthitayarat, a descendant of Queen Chamthewi some 800 years ago. A principal landmark is the 46-metre tall golden Chedi whose present appearance was the result of the restoration work in 1443 by a king of Chiang Mai.
It has long been regarded as a major place of worship. Other architectural works include the ancient-style brick arch adorned with fine designs and the pair of sculptured lions at the door. There are also a square-shaped Chedi and a Khmer-style Buddha statue.
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 06.00 - 18.00
The entrance fee: 20 baht.
Web site: www.hariphunchaitemple.org.