The Red Chamber Theater (Chinese: 紅樓劇場) often called the Red Theater or Red Play House in English, is a historic theater in the Ximending
, Wanhua District, Taipei
. Built in 1908 during Japanese rule and designed by Japanese architect Kondo Juro, it was originally a market building but was used as a theater from 1945 onwards.
The building recently underwent an extensive renovation. The ground floor currently houses a small cafe and a display on the history of the structure, as well as several shops in which independent artists sell their art. The second floor theater regularly hosts live performances.