Kaohsiung Museum of History (Chinese: 高雄市立歷史博物館; pinyin: Gāoxióng Shìlì Lìshǐ Bówùguǎn) is a museum located in Yancheng District, Kaohsiung, Taiwan. It is administered by the Kaohsiung City Government.
The building of the museum was originally the Kaohsiung City Hall built in 1938 by Shimizu Section under the Japanese government and completed in 1939. After 1945, the city hall was renamed to Kaohsiung Municipal Government. On 18 January 1992, the municipal government moved to Union Office Building and the old building was turned into the Kaohsiung Museum of History which was opened on 25 October 1998.
The building architectural features were Japanese Imperial Crown style. It was built with reinforced concrete to cope with enemy bombing during the World War II. The exterior of the building used the military base color of light green. It overall adopted the main tower with bilaterally symmetrical sub-towers style. The main tower is located on the top of the fourth floor.
Both of the main tower and sub-towers at both sides were added with traditional Japanese four sharp corner top and glazed tile roof. They were decorated with Aquarius style spire, plum flowers patterns of raindrops and Japanese chrysanthemum pattern of ribbons. The walls of the building were sculpted with all kinds of decorations and the windows were made with exquisite and ingenuity handicraft.