Chêne-Bougeries is a municipality in the Canton of Geneva, Switzerland. It recently crossed the symbolic barrier of 10,000 inhabitants and thus became officially a city.Chêne-Bougeries is first mentioned in 1270 as Quercus. In 1801 it was mentioned as Chêne-les-Bougeries.
Chêne-Bougeries was inhabited for most of its history, and neither the Romans nor the Genevans settled there. An important concern for the Genevans was the leprosy hospital that occupied part of the commune; it is only when this illness was defeated around the 16th century that Chêne-Bougeries really started to develop.