The church was built in Gothic/Mudejar style during the XVI century. The church was founded in 1503 by the Commander of the Order of Santiago, Garci Méndez de Sotomayor. Until 1891 it was an auxiliary church to the Parish church of San Mateo. The church has a rectangular floor plan divided into three naves by octagonal pillars that support pointed arches framed in alfiz.The church is covered with artesian work. The roof is gabled. Access to the church is made through a segmental arch, decorated with scallop shells and jambs constructed by compound columns.There is an image of Santiago on the main front.Declared National Historic Monument.