Former 14th-century monastery, restored in the Neo-classical style. Famous for having been the residence of the writer Georges Sand and the composer Chopin.
Carthusian monastery. The monks were in residence here since its foundation at the end of the 14th century until their departure in 1835. Most of the structure visible today dates from its remodelling in the Neo-classical style. The church was built in 1751 and its vaults have frescoes by Bayeu, Goya’s brother-in-law. It is famous for having served as the residence of the writer Georges Sand and the composer Chopin. It is home to the Municipal Museum and contains an exhibition on the historic-artistic heritage of the Carthusians, mementoes from the residence of Chopin and Georges Sand, and a collection of 15-20th century art. The tourist office is also located here.