It lies next to the Real Mayor Palace and was built in 1302. Built in 1302, it has an exceptional altarpiece by Jaume Huguet (fifteenth century). Santa Agata chapel, also known as the Royal Chapel, also comprises of the group of buildings of REAL Mayor Palace. It is set in the Roman wall and was built in 1302 by order of Jaime II and his wife Blanca D'Anjou.
The chapel houses the 15th century Reredos of the High Constable, by Jaume Huguet, one of the landmarks in Catalan painting. A staircase that leads to the sixteenth century tower by Martín el Humano is accessed from a small room to the right of the altar.