Clifford Pier is a pier located beside Collyer Quay at Marina Bay within the Downtown Core of Central Area, in Singapore's central business district.
Built in 1933, Clifford Pier was a landing point for immigrants and other sea passengers. A red oil lamp used to hang from the pier as a guide to seafarers, earning the pier the name Red Lamp Pier . The pier was later used as a terminal for tourists and day trippers who boarded small boats and ferries heading for the Southern Islands. During the annual pilgrimage season to Kusu Island, regular ferries departed from Clifford Pier to the island. Clifford Pier ceased operations on 1 April 2006, and was replaced by the Marina South Pier.
Clifford Pier was built between 1927 and 1933, and was named after Sir Hugh Clifford, Governor of the Straits Settlements between 1927 and 1929.
Before the Tanjong Pagar wharves were built in the 1850s, Johnston's Pier was the chief landing place. By the 1930s, the pier was worn out and the government decided to build a new one and name it after Sir Clifford.