Agnam-Goly is a Sahelian village in north-eastern Senegal with a population of 3,143 inhabitants. The village is located in the Ranérou Ferlo Department of Matam Region, approximately 630 kilometers (390 mi) to the northeast of Dakar, on the bank of the Senegal River.
Agnam-Goly was founded by the Thioye family well before the year 1529. The Thioye began to inhabit caves in the dieri to the south of the village, over 12 meters (40 feet) above the ground. These caves, protected from the elements by large rocks, can still be visited today. The early inhabitants of Agnam-Goly left behind a mosque surrounded by a stone wall before moving north to the walo, which is the site used by the village today for agriculture and fishing.