Costa da Caparica is a Portuguese civil parish, located in the municipality of Almada along the western coast of the district of Sétubal. In 2001 its population included approximately 11,707 inhabitants, within a total area of 10.18 km². Since December 2004, the Costa da Caparica has been designated as city within the urban hierarchy of Portugal.
Legend suggests that, in 1800, the Costa da Caparica was the site for the Casa da Coroa (the first house of rock and limestone) which received is importance for a little-known fact. It was believed that King John VI of Portugal in 1824 had eaten a delicious seafood stew, and for that reason, he ordered that the royal coat-of-arms be raised on the local fountain. Similarly, the site was the supposed way-point on journeys involving Queen Maria II of Portugal and King Pedro V of Portugal and his Royal Consort, who travelled through the Costa de Caparica on unrelated trips.