The Parish Church dedicated to St. Mary Madeleine was erected in 1595. The chapel is surrounded by a system of fortifications that functioned as a stronghold, repelling the attack of Tatars troops in 1624. The tower was probably erected in the 18th c and renovated between 1871 and 1877, in 1903 and between 1983 and 1985. In the 90’s of the 20th c, the tower’s ground floor was restructured – a part of formwork was dismantled and a stone vestibule with buttresses in the corners was erected. The church was erected according to the Gothic tradition which was strong and persistent especially in southern Poland.