Swiebodzin is a town in western Poland with 21,757 inhabitants (2004). It is the capital of Swiebodzin County.
It was formerly part of the Zielona Gora Voivodeship (1975-1998), a reconfiguration of the old German state of Prussia, the eastern 40% of which was inherited by Poland in 1945, and led to the expulsion of its native German inhabitants and the repopulation of the city and the environment by Poles. Since the Local Government Reorganization Act of 1998, Świebodzin has been part of Lubusz Voivodeship.
Swiebodzin is an important transportation hub, lying at the crossroads of the Polish national roads 2 and 3. The A2 motorway and S3 expressway are planned to cross near the town. Swiebodzin is located 39 km (24 mi) northeast of Zielona Gora, one of the two voivodeship's capitals, 195 km (121 mi) northwest of Wrocław and 110 km (68 mi) west of Poznan; 70 km (43 mi) east of the German border and 130 km (81 mi) east of Berlin. The crowned statue of Christ in Świebodzin, completed in November 2010, is claimed to be the World's tallest statue of Jesus.