Former parish church which is a property of Foundry of "Małapanew", is a place of worship of St Florian, the patron of steel workers. The parish was established on 28th of January, 1936 , from groups of Ozimek and Schodnia separated from parish of Krasiejów and part of Antoniów from parish of Szczedrzyk. The church was built by priest Franciszek Pieruszka in 1934-1935. The consecration was in 1936. On the 18th of December, 1978 the property of church with all buildings was transferred to the ownership of "Małapanew" foundry. The parish got new area in the centre of Ozimek and permission for building a new church. In 1978 - 1983 , came into being new present church. From the parish of St John the Baptist in Ozimek, established on the 25th of August, 1985, the parish of the Virgin Mother of the Rosary in Schodnia Stara was excluded from the parish of Ozimek Schodnia Nowa and attached to Schodnia Stara.