Pińczów – the heart of Ponidzie and a town located on the River Nida, was founded by the Cardinal Zygmunt Oleśnicki. Town history dates back to the 12th century quarry. It is the main centre of reformation movement in the Małopolska Region and a seat of Arian Brothers, who delivered the first and the most beautiful translation of the Bible into Polish. The Bible is referred to as the Brzeska Bible. The local junior high school was attended by the future parish priest of Krzyżanowice and Pińczów and Hugo Kołłątaj, who was a co-author of the Constitution of May 3, 1791. It was there that the king Stefan Batory’s and Zygmunt III Waza’s court architect ran his stonemasonry workshop.