The pride of place in the town is held by the monumental Gothic cathedral, one of the most sumptuous Cistercian basilicas in Poland. It has Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque interior decorations. Its late-Renaissance high altar is Poland’s largest and is believed to be the largest timber altar in Central Europe. The monastic buildings contain Gothic frescoes (15th c). The Diocesan Museum houses a rich collection of sacral art, including a Gutenberg bible printed in 1453 and two Gothic figures of Our Lady.