The former Greek Catholic church dedicated to the Birth of the Holy Virgin Mary was erected in 1756.
It was thoroughly restructured in 1896 with a new women’s gallery, a new sanctuary with a sacristy, faux vaults and dome roofs installed. After 1947, it was taken over by the State Treasury and fell into disuse. In 1998, it was partially damaged in a fire. In this chapel, new architectural trends are combined with the old ones. The church complex occupies a defensive position and, from the western side, a wooden gate-tower is situated, erected in 1898.