The building was constructed in the years 1899-1900, in just 17 months, for the Commercial Chamber of Lublin. It was designed by Gustaw Landau, an architect working in Warsaw and Lodz, and a brother of one of the co-owners of the Commercial Chamber. It became a popular venue for business negotiations as well as meals. In 1910 the building got the architectural shape which we can now admire. In the 50s it was changed into a low standard hotel with Lublinianka Cafe and a restaurant downstairs. Lublin Grand Hotel Sp. z o. o., a company belonging to the Von der Heyden Group bought the hotel in 2000 and thoroughly restored and modernized it, which led to its re-opening, as a 4-star deluxe hotel, in May 2002.