The Baroque Synagogue in Łańcut is one of the precious monuments of sacred art. It was erected in 1761 to replace a wooden synagogue which had been destroyed by a fire. Synagogue interior is richly ornamented with polychromy and stucco works. In the 1960s the building was carefully renovated and since then it has been the Museum of Judaica.
The first mentions about Jews in Łańcut are from1563. At the beginnig of the 17th century the Jewish commune had its own wooden synagogue. The most famous Hassid leaders in Łańcut: Elimelech also called Majlech (his grave is in Leżajsk) and his student Jakub Jicchak (Jakub Izaak Horowitz).