The oldest monument in Brzeg comes from 1285. The Town Hall have had the church renovated in order to safe that priceless monument.First records of the Franciscans' church (church of Minoryci) of St.Peter and St.Paul comes from 1285. After rebuilding and adding second nave(southern one) it was consecrated once again. During great fire in 1494 in Brzeg it was badly damaged. Its renewal jointed with raising beautiful "net" vault of the nave. In 1527, Franciscans left the monastery and it was taken over by the town for a place of building (1557). Then, in return for protection of Church of St.Nicholas, the monastery was passed to a duke Jerzy II (1582) by the town; Jerzy II rebuilt it and it became an arsenal. During next years, the church came through numerous rebuildings, for example a division for storeys, in XVII and XVIII century the roofs were lowered, in 1722 the church was stucco, and in 1844 the tower was rebuilt. In XXth century, the "after-franciscan" church functioned as a storehouse for fire-fighting equipment from 1930 and from 1946, also as a depository. The duty of keeping the monument protected was of the owners, unfortunately, they did almost nothing. There appeared leak in the roof, so the whole construction has become very weak. Now, the priceless monument is a complete ruin.